Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:

I didn't buy the Hospital scene with Phil and Tony. In just a scene or two before, we see Phil, at that sitdown, totally berate and humiliate Tony with his name calling, etc. Now I'm supposed to believe that Tony is reaching out to him while Phil is facing death? Give me a break.

Another unrealistic scene for me was when Tony is in his office at Satriale's Pork Store and he goes out to sit with the FBI guy. No mob boss, or any mobster for that matter, in their right mind would be caught sitting ALL ALONE talking with an FBI agent. It's one thing when all the guys are sitting around outside and they exchange "pleasentries" with one another. But to sit all alone, inside a place, Mob Boss and FBI agent, talking one on one, is out of the realm. Totally unrealistic.

Don Cardi
As for Tony reaching out to Phil, it was only after Agent Harris told Tony a hit was out on someone close to him. Tony was trying to make Phil see things the way that Tony now does after his near death experience. In otherwords he wanted Phil to have a different outlook on life which would make him cancel the hit.

I see your point about Agent Harris and Tony eating alone, though the fact that it was in Satriale's Pork Store does make the situation a little better considering other connected guys are constantly in the building. If they were eating alone at some random restuarant in the next town your point would be stronger. In my opinion anyway.

-Fooz