Well, another thread I can skim-read before posting my thoughts; funny how most of the first page is always taken up by guessing as to what the next episode is about. Trailer editing has never been as deceptive as for this show.

Anyway, a great episode; the best in the season so far?

I thought it was fantastically-written. A few, quick things to note:

- The food! How many references to food were there? Visual references, dialogue revolving round it, a whole plot thread on Artie's restaurant. How it is used for many different things. Community, as in the confirmation do; seduction, as in all the grub found in the California scenes; danger, as in Artie's hand getting scolded; and when Carmela said, "Who's hungry?" Brilliant cut from that to Chris in CA eating food. Very clever use of food throughout, much like The Godfather films.

- Tony's power; back to his ruthless self, and perhaps a complete character again. He's taken a backseat plot-wise, here, but the scenes he was in he stole. Having to but in over Silvio's speech, calming Phil down at the same gathering, and I counted at least five scenes where he tells characters what to do, with the final say.

- The clever intertextuality; obvious self-reference to be found whenever actors play themselves, but that cameo by Chase is the icing on the cake, a subtle nod to how contrived the show is...a plea for forgiveness, perhaps, that we've sidestepped the Vito issue?

Wonderful episode. Filler? Bah; it was anything but!

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?