I agree with a lot of what's been said. This episode did seem to last longer, or go slower. It was thought provoking, and kept my interest.

I also agree that the characters seem to be going in their "own" directions, but what worries me, in the loyal viewer sense, is Tony becoming too "good" (for Tony I mean). Of course in real life, a criminal turns a new leaf is great, but I like the Old Tony, as dispicable as he is. :p

I did recognize Hal Holbrook DC. Gee, he's aged quite a bit hu? I didn't know he introduced the first episode this season though.

Paulie tonight only proves how much he would never make it heading a family. He doesn't think and reacts too quickly.

Now, a question, I don't remember ever seeing the Barone son, that Paulie beatup before. Have they ever showed the character? And, what's with that note hanging on the hospital wall that Tony keeps looking at. They kept showing it last week too, Do we know who wrote it?

I'm glad Carm warned Tony about Vito too. I am beginning to think he may be next to go.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon