Wow...what an episode!!!

IMO the finest work The Sopranos has put out so far. Edie Falco gave a superb performance. Gandolfini, as the sales man guy, was also superb...the smallest detail was thought about...his tone of voice for example was totally different and more socially acceptable than the coloquial manner in which TS speaks. His demeanour was also a lot less threatening and forthcoming, he didn't lose his temper, he bit his tongue with his wife, he was a lot more caring...despite the adultery (i guess all of us men are weak). He only swore ONCE in the episode. Emmys are the TV oscars right? Well Gandolfini and Falco deserve them...NOW.

Re: the rest of the series.

I agree there is a chance that TS remains in the coma for the whole season...and that the Mob side of things is taken up by the power struggle over New jersey. Vito, with NY on his side vs Silvio and the old school of Paulie, Chrissie and Bobby Bacalieri.

We would see Finnerty (who, for all intents and purpose, Gandolfini now is) trying to get home (wake up from the coma) and reach his family (represented as the voices on the phone). I don't necessarily think that TS will ever wake up and make it home. Or indeed, maybe "home" is his death.

AJ will definitely get mixed up above his head i think...and he will be put in his place very rapidly. Finn and Meadow will split...they bicker alot it seems. Finn might get a smack in the mouth from someone maybe. Chrissie is a definite FBI target....little hints are being laid...the first episode Chrissie said "i hope that parasite kills him"...ok so he isnt their friends of course...but the fact the writers have written Chrissie talking about them...and then a convrsation in Episode 2 says to me that SOMETHING is definitely afoot. The mention of Ade is also pivotal. Also...love it..."Oh The Sheriff of Nottingham"...i am at The Uni of Nottingham in England. wooo. hahaha simple things...simple minds.

The two arab guys in the Bing...They will do something to Junior to score points.

The hints are being laid. Bobby vs Vito. The Arab guys in the Bing. Chrissier & the FBI (who must be desparate to flip someone now that Gene and Ray Curto is dead). The "homo" thing with Vito. "I could be boss"...Again Vito.

Whoever calls this a soap opera...well...i dont agree.

Aaaaaaanyway...long post...but whatever....what an amazing show. I cant wait till next week...and i am not even in the usa!

Thats where you're wrong...out there its the 1990s. In here its 1952.