I really dug it. "Members Only" is perhaps the best season premiere episode we have ever seen, maybe with the exception being the pilot episode.

I was surprised by a few things. Raymond Curto's death wasn't what I expected. He's been wearing a wire for at least five years. I always thought he'd avoid being found out by his fellow mobsters and he'd avoid getting killed for it, since he was a LOT smarter than any of the other rats we've seen (Jimmy Altieri, Big Pussy Bonpensiero, Adriana, Jack Masserone). He was a captain (and once was almost boss after Jackie Sr died) and thus in the best position to bring down Tony and the Family. His heart attack was definitely a surprising twist, especially since the previous scene was Tony whining, "Why can't I ever catch a break?" He has no idea what a break he caught with Curto's sudden death.

I get a kick out of how this show will bring up some obscure name from earlier seasons and make it a major plotline (example, Feech LaManna). They did it again with Junior raving about Little Pussy Malanga. For longtime watchers, you'll recongnize Malanga as the mobster Junior wanted to have killed in Artie's restaurant, which Tony set on fire to avoid having a mob execution take place there. We never did see how Junior eventually did away with Little Pussy Malanga, but going by Tony's words, he's now been dead for a while.

Junior shooting Tony was totally unexpected and was absolutely great.

I have a theory here, and maybe I'm totally wrong, but hey, it's just a feeling: I betcha that Junior's insanity is all an act. According to rumors, Junior hires a slick new lawyer who's pretty ruthless. My guess is Junior is amping up the senility act so he gets declared not competent enough to stand trial. I'm sure he still feels resentment to Tony for setting him up in the first place to be taken down by the FBI.

Maybe I'm totally wrong (in fact, I probably am), but it's an interesting theory, no?

"Keep your body strong, your blood clean, and your mind sharp and mean." Henry Rollins