Very interesting,

I did not find the shooting of Tony shocking. They could have shot him, set him on fire, thrown him out the window and have the dead Russian jump up and down on him, and I know he would still survive. Never kill the golden goose. Shocking would have been if Junior shot any other main cast member. Imagine if Tony went to Juniors home with AJ and he was the one that was shot. Now that would be water cooler talk. But I digress. Tony out of commission for an episode or two is needed for the story line.

Couple of things.

FBI has no rats, they have never been without a rat, they need a rat. Who will it be?

Tony's compliment on how Phil is doing as acting Boss for Johnny Sack. Will Tony be as lucky? I think there will be a contrast in the way his acting Boss will be.

Will New York take this as an opportunity ( Tony recouping) to move against NJ.

The previews and speculation on this show seem to be so far off base from what actually happens. I am staying away this season. The screen shot in the diner had everyone having Bobby B getting whacked, and it was another fat guy being whacked buy a charactor that had maybe two lines of dialouge in five years.

Meadow should be getting married this season ? unless she has the typical Italian three year engagement.

Too much time dedicated to a secondary cast member ( Gino )
in the season opener. Especially after waiting almost two years. they could have worked that story line for a few episodes.

But a Good Start.

"Francis can I have a momment"