Ok Dr. your correct, but just because Tony set up the hit before finding the actual wire in Pussy's cigar box, doesn't mean he was going to do it regardless. He probably would not have followed through had he not found the wire, or he would have bleed him for information on the boat.

Researcher, you are correct also. Evidence points to the fact Pussy couldn't have flipped back the "year and a half ago" he claimed. Maybe he lied to them about that, considering he may have been trying for the 1% chance of saving his life on that boat. No one really knows. My guess is yes, it probably was their paranoia. Just cause he shows up with the Santa outfeit doesnt mean he was wired.

What I love most about that episode is characterization. Jackie says to Pussy if you need money come to me. Cliche Jackie, cliche behavior that made him the boss. Reaching his hand out when his men need him, offering up help and the appropriate solution. And also Tony telling him not to move that H anymore, characterizing him as the cautious and smart person he is, big reason why he eventually became boss and took the reigns.

Nothing beats the irony in the ending of the episode either when Jackie Jr. kisses Meadow in front of Tony, meanwhile Tony knows just last night be "betrayed his daughter", and ironically, Tony always did and at that time was betraying his own wife with another woman behind her back.