A fine first episode!

Chris and Paulie killing that Atlantic City waiter was unbelievable! That has to be the most sociopathic murder there's ever been on this show. Just the same, we were all laughing as we watched it (what does that say about us?).

Chris and Paulie talking about Valery the Russian mobster with the gang at the Bing was something to notice; does this mean he could reappear at some point this season, FINALLY? Who knows. Likely not!

The stuff with the bear was hilarious, especially when the little "tough guy" AJ shit his pants and was screaming for his Mommy!
And yes, there has been a problem lately with bears being too close to residential homes in New Jersey, so this detail in the episode DOES parallel real life.

Feech LaManna looks to be a great addition to the cast. No doubt about it, he's an old school gangster with some screws loose.

Carmine Lupertazzi's stroke was a major development. I guess Johnny Sack will now be the new New York boss, unless Carmine Jr tries to take over. And Johnny is obviously still nursing a grudge against Tony for refusing to help him kill Carmine in Season Four. The possibilities for internecine warfare abound!

And Tony trying to court Dr Melfi was interesting. Tony told her, "you're making me into half a stalker here". Try TOTAL stalker!

Solid episode. I look forward to Episode 2, and Steve Buscemi's debut as Tony's cousin, Tony Blundetto!

"Keep your body strong, your blood clean, and your mind sharp and mean." Henry Rollins