I have very had this same exact thought in mind now for a long while now. My roomate and i both agree that it is a possibility. We just can't agree on how it can happen in the near future.

There has been a bit of foreshadowing if that is the wat David Chase is taking it. Hence, when Tony goes to the other side. Remember who is the Real Boss, the daughter of the Don.

All the males in his life have raised trust issues in the past. Once I though maybe Silvio would take over, but If I remember correctly, wasn't he starting to flake out in the last season? Think about it, Big Puss, Junior, Pauly, Furio, Ralphy, ect. The only people Left that he seems to trust is Melfi and Meadow. Meadow was hardly in he last season, maybe to put her out of mind to make it truly suprising.

Whether or not you agree, I would enjoy some thoughtful discussion on how it could happen. My only guess is a mental breakdown of Tony.

Of the subject, I wish they would bring back the Russians, ecspecially the guy from the Pine Barrows episode.