Quote:
Originally posted by B. B. Cheese:
That is absurd and I do not consider their performances to be “fake” either mobbingformoney. Picture The Godfather &The Godfather II being done today was certain contents are allowed. Say they added more graphic violence, more blood and gore, more profanity, more sexual content; I guarantee we would not see the same results. In regards of “being down to Earth” let me remind you that movies are actors portraying fictional and real life characters, sure they are to make it as realistic as possible, but there needs to be reason kept. This is movies we are talking about, not real life. We can get the picture without all the details, in fact many of the older productions (classics I might add) use talking instead of illustrations, (e.i. “so and so was raped and murdered” instead of showing the scene)
Of course this just your opinion. You seem to be to discounting the millions of fans of the Sopranos who like seeing the show for what it is, a gritty mob drama, balanced by family issues. You are also making hypothetical situations up. Of course anyone could make hypothetical situations wondering how the Godfather could be now, but until you give me proof of this updated Godfather, it would be better to stick to the main parts of your arguments. You also don't have to remind me of why these movies are made. It's for entertainment value, and that's exactly what they do. Do I find the Godfather and Road to Perdition to be good movies? Why yes I do, but they portray internal conflicts between the protaganists in the story. And I don't understand what you meant by having reasons for having a movie of T.V. show realistic. It isn't enough to know that it takes time in present New Jersey? I didn't know the show was about a couple of nuns in a convent. I am for one am not going to be ignorant to the changing times, and be mad just because they say profanities and use gore to illustrate a point. Do they do it for shock value sometimes? Sure they do, but that doesn't mean it should be stopped just because a few people can't get with the times and enjoy a T.V. show for what it is, and not try to stop the fans who actually can enjoy a show like the Sopranos.