I could never understand the thinking of these Italian Americans. As an Italian American, I have never thought of the Sopranos or any other Italian/Sicilian mafia move to be a reflection on all Italians. Although stories like the GF may be fiction in themselves, the mafia is part of the Siclian history, and I see no problem with dramatizing it on film. It makes for a very interesting story be it fact or fiction. I have never assumed and never felt that most people feel Italians and mafia go hand and hand. People who do feel that way are so shallow that their opinion wouldn't make any difference to me anyway.

They have made many movies of true life crimes and people that all of us would agree the people/crimes themselves are awful, but a movie of it can be very enlightening and yes, entertaining. These people who protest such trivial matters really need to put their efforts toward something that really matters. IMHO!
TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon