Hi All,

I’ve been off the board for a while. Last time I was here I was really into the Godfather films. This time around, it’s the Sopranos.

First of all, thanks, ChrisY2J for your detailed overview of who was a captain for which crew in which season. This was really helpful. I’d like to take this a bit further and try to find out who the soldiers are in each crew in each season.

Using ChrisY2J info as a foundation, I’ve tried to match the soldiers to the capos and crews. As you can see, several crews have no soldiers in them – simply because I cant work it out. I invite everyone to contribute. Hopefully we will have a comprehensive organisational chart of the Soprano/DiMeo crew while we’re done.

I’ve found it very difficult to find out who is who. HBO’s website and a few of the fansites have ‘Cast & Crew’ sections, but they only have information on the main charactersts and the more prominent supporting characters. All your help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, while I am here I have a few queries hopefully someone can answer.

Firstly, I’d like to query Richie Aprile being a capo in series 2. I saw the season recently and didn’t catch any clues that suggested he was a capo. Was he automatically a capo when he arrived because of his blood relations, or was he eventually promoted. Also, if he was capo for the Aprile crew in season 2, who was capo in season 1 after Jackie Sr because ill and eventually passed?

Secondly, Where does the consiglieri (Sil) fit in to the org chart? As I understood it, the consiglieri is linked directly to the boss, but is independent of the Soldier-Capo-Boss herarchical pyramid. I have therefore not included him here. Furhtermore, only bosses have consiglieris, right? So in season 1 when Tony is ‘only’ a capo, is Sil therefore ‘only’ a soldier?

Anyhow, here is the info compiled so far. The format is thus: Name of Crew: CAPO – (Soldiers)

Take care,

Arvid

Season 1
Boss: Ercoli DiMeo
Acting Boss: Jackie Aprile (Dies)/Junior Soprano

Tony Soprano Crew: TONY SOPRANO – (Paulie Gaultieri, Sal Bompensiero)
Junior Soprano Crew: JUNIOR SOPRANO – (Michael Palmici, Charles Signori)
Jackie Aprile Crew: JACKIE APRILE – (?)
Raymond Curto Crew: RAYMOND CURTO – (?)
Larry Barese Crew: LARRY BARESE – (?)
Jimmy Altieri Crew: JIMMY ALTIERI [dies] – (?)

Season 2
Boss: Junior Soprano
Street Boss: Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Crew: PAULIE GAULTIERI – (Sal Bompensiero, Furio Giunta)
Junior Soprano Crew: PHILLY PARISI [dies]/JUNIOR SOPRANO – (Bobby Baccalieri )
Jackie Aprile Crew: RICHIE APRILE – (?)
Larry Barese Crew: ALBERT BARESE – (?)
Jimmy Altieri Crew: [UNCLEAR] – (?)

Season 3

Tony Soprano Crew: PAULIE GAULTIERI – (Furio Giunta, Christopher Moltisanti, Patsy Parisi)
Junior Soprano Crew: JUNIOR SOPRANO – (Bobby Baccalieri)
Jackie Aprile Crew: GIGI CESTONE [dies]/RALPH CIPHERETTO – (Ralph Cipheretto [promoted], Eugene Pontecorvo)
Jimmy Altieri Crew: [UNCLEAR] – (?)

Season 4

Tony Soprano Crew: PAULIE GAULTIERI/CHRISTOPHER MOLTISANTI [temp only] – (Furio Giunta, Christopher Moltisanti, Patsy Parisi)
Junior Soprano Crew: BOBBY BACCALIERI – (?)
Jackie Aprile Crew: RALPH CIPHERETTO [dies]/VITO SPATAFORE – (Eugene Pontecorvo)
Carlo Gervasi Crew CARLO GERVASI – (?)

Season 5

Tony Soprano Crew: PAULIE GAULTIERI – (Christopher Moltisanti, Patsy Parisi)
Junior Soprano Crew: BOBBY BACCALIERI – (?)
Jackie Aprile Crew: VITO SPATAFORE – (Eugene Pontecorvo)
Larry Barese Crew: LARRY BARESE – (?)
Carlo Gervasi Crew CARLO GERVASI – (?)

Gravy, gravy, you know... tomato sauce