[quote]Originally posted by mustachepete:
[b] I think they should continually remake Godfather 3, like software:

GF v.3.1
GF v.3.2
GF v.3.3...

...until they get it right.
The Godfather ISN'T a software?
:rolleyes: [/b][/quote]Hahaha!

I hate remakes and I hate the rumors for a GFIV. If they were going to make one, they have to make sure that it is after my death so I wouldn't have to watch it (I mean, if I was alive, then I would be curious, lol). The thing about a fourth film is that Godfather will equal Star Wars, and I don't really want that. We don't need a series of sequels/prequels. The last scene of GFIII shows Michael's death and even though it does leave many questions because of the fast-forwarding of the years between, it doesn't matter: Michael is dead. I have always thought of Michael as the protagonist of the film. I can't really see a film that centers on middle-age Vito and kid-Michael. In other words, Al Pacino is Michael. And if there was a sequel/prequel-thing like Part II, I have almost zero interest in Vincent.

As for remakes (which I hope will never ever happen for as long as live), I can't really imagine anyone taking over any of the roles. Even though I am actually quite fond of Danny DeVito (De-Vito! ... get it?) he is no Marlon Brando or Robert De Niro (yeah, I get that the remake cast is a joke but still ...) When I first saw the first GF film, I thought that Jake Gyllenhaal had a slight resemblence of Pacino but after I saw the whole trilogy, Gyllenhaal doesn't even come close to the acting skills Pacino has.

Just ask Hollywood to stick to original storyline and everything will be okay