yes ok but is the movie about that only? Perhaps you could see it as the contrast between Michael in part one and two just having to change again. You now in this trilogy see all the beings that Michael has been. And I think that Michael always said he wanted the legit family as he says so in part II at his wife. He almost succeeds. Michael was never the evil guy with evil intentions. Thats why he feels so misunderstood in part III. Quotes like "I spent my life protecting my family!" and "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!" are clear notes that state that he never liked the illegal way of his family. So he never lost the marine-student part of himself. He took control of his family and did what he had to do to protect them. So to me its vital so see him almost succeed in the dreams that he speaks of throughout part one and two alot. But, the sins he has commited cause part III to be the least happy ending there can be. In that way it's not that much a typicall Hollywood film I'd say. The hypocrisie is greatly shown in part III and the introduction of Vinny is great timing.

"I spent my life protecting my family!"