I don't know about the screenplay. I never actually considered writing dialogues and all. I think that would be too hard, since you'd be expecting historical phrases like "I wanna make 'm an offer he cant refuse" and "just when I thought I was out"... you know.

besides, english is not my first language and maybe some dialogues would either be weak or be funny, when not ment to be.

The plot outline/script
(mainly based on Ricardo’s script):
1: 1997
Michael Corleone dies lonely on Sicily, where he lived the last years of his life with his sister Connie. After she sees Michael laying on the ground, she orders Dominic Abbandando to arrange the funeral en have the other Family members come over from America. All of them come to Italy one last time, to pay their respects to the former Don. Michael’s son Anthony picks up Vincent at Palermo Airport. Their nephew Andrew Hagen leaves his charity tour of South America. Andrew had not seen his family since the funeral of his mother Theresa, in 1993. Vincent’s mother, Lucy Mancini, did not come to Sicily. She struggles with a serious disease for over a year now. His other halfsisters Fransesca and Katherine did come, with their husbands, children and grandchildren, even though the late Sandra Corleone, their mother, had swore never to get involved with the Corleonesi again. But her twindaughters always liked their Uncle Mike a lot. The tragic death of their younger brother Santino Corleone JR, Sonny’s youngest son, restored the relationship between the twins and their cousins. Also, their aunt Kay was a big support, from the moment Sandra past away. She became a sort of replacement grandmother to their children, as to the children of Andrew Hagen and his brother Frank, who unfortunately was unable to come to the funeral. The last person there was Frank Corleone, Sonny and Sandra’s oldest son.

The funeral was held outside the town of Corleone, on the other side of Sicily. Michael once found a beautiful spot there on a hill, in the sun, when out for a walk one day with Constanzia. Vincent acted brave during the ceremony. The tragic images of the casket going down made him remember Mary, who was killed 17 years earlier in Palermo. He never forgout about her. She will for ever be the love of his life. After Mary’s death, Vincent, onces the biggest ladykiller on the East Coast, never touched a single woman again. For the first time as well, the old Kay Michelson (now 73 years old), came up to him to comfort and support him. His thoughts drifted away, as the casket went down. He looked, and closed his eyes for a few moments. There goes a man who was his example, his mentor. His thoughts were almost visionable in his eyes: ‘Terrible things have happened since, uncle Mike. I’ve lost my brothers...I was betrayed by my own Family, but I betrayed you too. I once had the world...now it’s all gone. Tell me, will I ever be forgiven...Godfather?

(the italic lines were voiced-over by Vincent who was looking at the lowering casket, and are his thoughts. Vincent ‘thinks’ this, after which he bends down his head (after the word godfather) and the music (Godfather theme) starts. then on screen the text comes:

VINCENT MANCINI
SICILY

The image fades and cuts to the wedding anniversary party in New York, 1924, with the Corleone family over there, and the text says:
HIS FATHER
SANTINO CORLEONE
NEW YORK CITY