Quote:
Originally posted by MafiaJ:
Mmm I think that point can be argued both ways though because I've read books that said they helped the people, politically and ecomonically, you know, people in the "foot" of Italy, basically in the south. [/QB]
Help the people how? In surpressing the economy by impleting a second tax the pizzo? By bullying every competent corp., which is not in their hands, out of business? By corrupting the whole infrastructure (to suck money out of the state and the EU), and making it the most expensive and worst in the whole EU? By stealing water from the farmers to resell it for enormous prices? By killing and surpressing every honest movements and people (the fasci, impasto, la torre....)? By impossing a political dictatorship: pressing people to vote in their meaning, and exterminate political opposition: the last one Francesco Fortugno in Calabria... etc. etc......
I can´t find any facts, which would prove that the mafias "helped the people, politically and ecomonically". Excuse my bad english.

Pruvamulu, potommunillo cu nualtri, videmu supergiù comi si cumporta, comi nun si cumporta