Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
It's in the box set special feature.

You make a valid point the only problem I have is how does Fabrizio know that it's Barzini that wants him dead? and how does he get in touch with Barzini?

Throughout the films, Mike and the Corleone family only seem to tell people what they need to know, nothing more nothing less. So I don't see Mike or anyone else telling Fabrizio that a guy named Barzini is out to get him because etc.... I only see him saying you are here to protect me because someone may be trying to kill me.

By Fabrizio being around Mike as a bodyguard, I am sure that he picked up things here and there in conversation. Remember the scene where Mike tells Appolonia's father, through translation through Fabrizo, that there were people who would pay a lot of money for information about him? Well I think at that point Fabrizio probably started to think about this and maybe saw an opportunity for himself. Fabrizio probably started asking around through connections that he obviously had in Italy, in all likelyhood he spread the word that he was protecting someone from a very powerful Mafia family from America, who was wanted by a rival family and eventually it was figured out through the pipeline that Michael was wanted by Barzini. Just my theory.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.