Quote:
Originally posted by Cuneo:
I think Capone and Gotti are similar in the sense that they both are brutal but Capone wasnt exactly a don. he was a leader of the misfit which included irish gangsters and even his business leader was a Russian (Guzik). that aside they both were similar.
Woah!

These "misfit" as you call them were one of the most powerful organized crime organizations ever. No, they didn't celebrate the pomp and tradition that New York did. But that's the Chicago way. The Second City has made a career of taking things and making them their own. (IE - pizza, skyscrapers, etc.)

Maybe it's my civic pride showing, but I kind of take offense at them being called misfits. Granted, any organized crime figure can be labeled a misfit, but singling out the Outfit over the New York families is just wrong. They were just as powerful. You don't have to be Italian and "made" to be a criminal mastermind. (Guzik - Russian jew / Humphreys - Welsh / Alex - Greek)

Back to the topic at hand. Honestly the only real comparison between Capone and Gotti is that the spotlight led to their downfall.

I came, I saw, I had no idea what was going on, I left.