Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[quote]Originally posted by Vito The Godfather:
[b] I think its more like not to get caught dealing in drugs kind of thing. Also it is known that made members aren't allowed to get involved on the narcotics business.
Made members and their underlings are not allowed to "GET CAUGHT" dealing in narcotics. But when they send tribute in the form of cash up the chain of command, do you really think that any of the bosses question how the money was made? Send me my share and I'll turn my head. Greed, not morals, are what these people are made of.

Don Cardi [/b][/quote]Just to add to what DC has said, the reason the mafia was "Against drugs" was because it was a federal offense (I believe) and along with that came lenghty prison sentences. It would be a lot easier to get one of your men out of a county jail for battery then it would be to get them out of a federal charge for Narcotics. So with that being said, say they get a 15 year sentence for selling drugs. Does the Don care about the person? NO. his family? NO. the people the guy sold drugs to? HELL NO!

All he cared about was that for 15 years he was short one person who would be giving him money. It had nothing to do with honor, or caring about families they might destroy. It revolved around heavy prison sentences which leads to one of two ends 1) a long time without money being given to the leader 2) the person with a long sentence decides to start talking to get it reduced.

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380