I've read previous topics on the BB about Paulie being a capo for the Lucchese family. But I read something rather interesting. While reading Gangsters and Goodfellas, the description of Paulie at the beginning of the book says that he was the boss of the Lucchese crime family. Here's the description:

Paul "Paulie" Vario, Sr.
Boss of the Lucchese family, Paul made much of his fortune from bootlegging and expanded to numbers, truck hijackings, and, indirectly, drugs. Henry's testimony in the KENRAC trial put Vario in a Ft. Worth prison, where he died in 1988 at the age of 73.

Also, under the description of Gaetano "Tommy" Lucchese, it states that Lucchese is the namesake of Paulie's family. And furthermore, it states that Tommy's organization continued to prosper for another decade under Vario.

So now I'm wondering, was Paulie the boss of the Lucchese family, or is that description inaccurate? I'm sure Turnbull knows, but anyone else who knows, thanks in advance.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis