More:

A few friends were with him. One was a really big guy, who appeared in the Donnie Brasco movie . I believe it was George Angelica ("Big Trin")

Pistone says he's been touring the world lecturing to law enforcement agencies. He's worked w/ Scotland Yard (not against them ) and has been in deep cover around the world, not just this one job.

He said this new book was basically like a FAQ -- answers to questions he's gotten a lot during his talks. That's why many of the chapters are only a page or two.

He also said that he had to take courses in jewels and lockpicking, etc, so he could be convincing as a jewel thief. At one point he said he was on the verge of trouble when 2 guys had him in a room, unconvinced he knew what he said he did. After a couple hours he came out unscathed.

He never carried a gun during his Mafia infiltration, except near the end one of the men gave him one because a war was breaking out.

He was pulled out of the assignment shortly thereafter, for his safety.

He had committed crimes, in fulfillment of his duties, but I don't think he ever killed anyone. He said, though, that if it were he or another mob guy, the other guy would be killed. But never a civilian.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations