I guess I should comment on how it went

The small room at the library was pretty packed: probably over 100 people. He wore no disguise; he's probably in his 50's so likely doesn't look like he did. (We were not allowed to take photographs, however). He talked for about a half an hour, and then took questions for another 45 minutes. It was very interesting to hear him speak.

I went with my buddy from SicilianCulture.com who asked him about working with Pacino and Depp for the movie Donnie Brasco. He said it was wonderful -- that Pacino was rather shy and introverted among strangers, but he was very intense with his craft, though he would loosen up afterward off the set when out to dinner but on the set he was "strictly all business." He said that Depp was very easy-going and laid back. I guess we already knew all of that

It was interesting to hear of his work. He had spent 6 years under deep cover (as Donnie Brasco) and the next 7 years in court putting on the order of 175 Made guys behind bars out of about 200 cases.

He was asked if he feared for his life, and he seemed less concerned these days because most of the old guys are either still in jail or dead, and, "these new guys, well, they couldn't find their ass in a phone booth." He didn't seem very impressed w/ the latest organization, whose members not only deal drugs, but also use them. (The old guys would sell drugs, in bulk, but not in their neighborhoods).

Someone asked him about how real The Sopranos was, and he said it was pretty accurate - except for all the swearing. He said real wiseguys never cursed like that in their homes or in public. And god forbid if their wives or children spoke like that. (You hardly heard any cursing in The Godfather, right?). But otherwise, he said it was fairly accurate.

He said that Goodfellas was a great movie, but Henry Hill wasn't such the prominent figure as one was led to believe.

Some of the questions from the audience asked "do you know so and so" and some he did, some he didn't.

Someone asked him who the current Boss of New Jersey was, and he just quipped, "Tony Soprano, right?"

It was very fun, and yes, I got my book signed. While doing so I asked him if he was of Sicilian decent, and he said yes. Then he asked me if I was, and I said "half." The guy w/ Pistone asked me "which half?" and I said "the good half"

If I think of any more, I'll post...

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations