I went to see The Godfather as a kid. We took my grandfather for his birthday to dinner and then the opening of The Godfather in Manhaten. Back in those days it was a treat to go to manhatten for a dinner and the opening of a movie. The Godfather was my grandfathers favorite book at that time so when the movie came out my family, including myself, took him to see it. I fell in love with the movie and then read the book. After that the rest was history as I started to read all kinds of gangster books.

Quote:
Originally posted by Turnbull:
The reporter came across a dwarf named Armando (Punchy) Iliano among the Gallo thugs on the mattresses.
Turnbull,

I met Armando aka punchy as a young teenager. What a character that I will never forget! At least with us he was a very funny guy who made everyone around him laugh and have a great time. My father was a Vice President of a Teamster Union Local, and my aunts husband was from President street. They both did some business together and we used to go to the fights ( boxing matches ) with Albert " Kid Blast " Gallo and many times Armando used to accompany Albert to the fights with us. Unfortunately I never got to see the infamous " Lion " that they used to keep in the basement.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.