[img]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:fPux9lBCXlEC:cuisung.unige.ch/gif/crown.gif[/img]
Quote:
Originally posted by deathkiss:
[quote]Originally posted by Michael Corleone 14:
[b]I've always wondered about that, but I ASSUMED that the mob hated the "coloured". When I found out that it was true I wondered: Why are black people on a mafia board then?
That comment is so absurd! Why is people in the Netherlands on the board. Heck, you're not in the United States and can you relate to how life is in this country? I have formulated an opinion that life in the Netherlands is so homologous that makes it impossible for you persons from different cultures? But as I said before, prejudice begins when one does not understand each other or seeks out sudtle differences as flaws.[/b][/quote]Michael Corleone 14 forgets that one always should keep one's friends close and one's enemies closer. Don't you think Jewish people study the "whys and wherefores" of the Nazi Party?And I don't blame them. Think the way the people around you think.

Guineapig, I didn't doubt the "purity" of Cameron Diaz' blood ( You wrote "A "White" hispanic wouldn't need to marry a white American to blend" ).

I'm referring to the average person on the street with a Spanish surname that is going to be scrutinized ( eg. a resume or a telephone conversation) more closely until he or she is "allowed" into the "white category" in the "scrutinizer's" mind.

If 2 women apply for a job on paper, not in person and one is named Emily Stanton, and another is named Emily Rodriguez there may be an advantage for Ms. Stanton even if they are both "white". And the Stanton woman's maiden name could even have been Perez. And the Blonde Stanton woman could have a black grandmother!!!

That's all I meant about name change component.

Foolish consistencies are the hobgoblins of little minds.