[img]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:fPux9lBCXlEC:cuisung.unige.ch/gif/crown.gif[/img]
Quote:
Originally posted by The Spanish Inquisition:
This may be true but they're still a small minority of the entire hispanic race and as you slightly mentioned, it's comparable to African Americans in the United States. They've felt just as much racism and segregation from their fellow hispanic, thus allowing me to bring up a new point in this argument, unless his friend had African acenstry, I don't see what would make it any more surprising then a White hating a Black.
There is much solidarity in NY between African Americans and the groups I mentioned above. Mexican Americans and many Cuban Americans vote Republican while groups above vote Dem.

There is more social interaction, and marriages between Black people and Latinos in NY.

You are right, it's a minority of Latinos, but it still isn't across the board. And yes, many light latinos are prejudiced against the darker, a phenomenon created by colonialism AND other vestiges of European supremacy.

Foolish consistencies are the hobgoblins of little minds.