Guinea Guarino,

Welcome to the GF BB!!

I am not certain when you say you "respect" the traditions exactly what traditions you are referring to, however, I can respect (and understand) the "family loyalty" and pride, and as twisted as this may sound, the "business sense", that many mafiosi had. I too however, cannot "condone" the business itself tho.

Myself, being a proud Italian-American (Sicilian), have always been very interested in the mafia even though, I don't condone it. I can't explain why. Perhaps because it is a part of Sicilian history.

You speak of Italian "defamation" groups, yes I know what you mean, as I am a fairly recent member of "The Sons of Italy" and I know within that group one can also join the "anti-defamation" league. I chose not to join in on that part of it, because I never felt that people in general were dumb enough to believe that because you are Italian American that you have been involved with or associated the mafia. However, I know there are some that do.

I am assuming that your posting is on the level, and if it is, I do believe this would be an interesting discussion for all of us to participate in. I feel confident that no one here will prevent you from expressing your thoughts, as we all do. without disrespecting someone!!! So please, feel free to discuss!

Again, Welcome!!

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon