Thanks for pointing that out, Rusty. 'Tis true, I said Gambino "never saw the inside of a jail," and in fact he did, not only for the Apalachin bust, but once (maybe more times) when the government tried to deport him. I should have said that he was never convicted of anything (the Apalachin contempt citations eventually were vacated.
Speaking of Apalachin: Joe Bonanno, crafty fellow, didn't attend that famous meeting. He stayed nearby, and sent his second in command, Gaspar di Gregorio. Problem was, Joe had taken a long vacation in Italy prior to the Apalachin meeting. Before leaving for Italy, he left his driver's licence with Gaspar for Gaspar to renew. Gaspar stuck it in his wallet and forgot all about it. When the Staties pinched Gaspar at Apalachin, they confiscated his wallet, and reported that "Joseph Bonanno" was one of those arrested. I guess di Gregorio was the subject of the joke about the guy who was drummed out of the Mafia for stupidity--they sent him to blow up a car, he burned his lips on the tailpipe.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.