Quote:
Originally posted by Don Liguito:

No my friend Luciano wasnt the greatest. carlo Gambino was but only in his time back then the police and FBI didnt look at the Cosa Notra that much. My friends Carlo was in his time. then it would be Al Capone then Vito Genovese Then John Gotti then Albert Anastasia. John Gotti was pretty smart but rmember at that time the whole family style was unraveling So the FBI and andy maloney went after him and wouldnt stop even after he wasnt found guilty. But in my thoughts Carlo is wand forever will be the greatest Don ever.

A good arguement can be made for all the aboved mentioned. However, let me give my opinion as to why Carlo was the best. During his rule, the feds could never pin anything on him. He was a quiet man who never brought attention to himself. All in all his underlings were pretty happy, made money, and no one of importance under him ever really looked to get rid of him and take over as boss. This, in my opion makes for a great boss.

Lucky Luciano, is right up there with him. FOr it was Luciano who implemented the idea of forming a commission, with no one boss being in total control. He was defiantely ahead of his time no doubt. He surrounded himself with a smart man who knew the laws and knwe how to make everyone involved money ( Meyer Lansky ), and at the same time he also surrounded himself with a street smart bulldog who feared no one ( Benny Siegal ). Definately a smart idea to have both of these kinds of people surrounding you. But Luciano became a bit to careless, as he rose to the top, and brought too much attention upon himself which pissed off some of his underlings and also the Lawmakers. This eventually brought him down. Only the keen mind of Meyer Lansky could scheme up an idea to eventually get Lucky off the hook.

John Gotti, definately one of the most famous Bosses of all time. This guy had BIG BALLS, and feared no one. What brought him to power in such a short time was the fact that he was smart enough to take advantage of Castellanos greed, and convince the others that BIg Paulie was getting rich off thier backs and would not share the wealth. Unfortunately, when Gotti became the Boss of Bosses, he, like Luciano, brought too much attention to himself. After beating the government on three different occassions, he basically dared them to come get him! However, I still believe that what the government did to him was unconstitutional, taking his Legal Representation away from him! For if Cutler was not taken away from him, then I think that Gotti would have beat the government for a fourth time. However as I stated earlier, Gotti was too much in the public eye, and for that reason, in my opinion, he was not a great boss.

Al Capone, just a damn maniac in plain english! A great Boss, I wouldn't say so. He basically lived by one rule; My way or death. He was not one of those bosses who made money for all involved with him. Another guy who liked living in the headlines. Not good business for a family, especially if you are the boss.

If I had to choose a boss out of all these guys, Carlo Gambino would still be my choice.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.