DOn Carlo was a pretty smart man. It's highly unlikely that he gave a direct order to John Gotti to carry out that hit. Another hollywood drama to add to the excitement of the movie.

One of my favorite scenes in the movie is when Gotti is in jail and confronts the Zulu King. All the while that Gotti is giving him this speach, the Zulu King just stands there in silence, looking Gotti up and down. And when Gotti is done talking, the Zulu King says to him " Who the Fuck are you?"
And Assante replies very simply " I'm John Gotti."

I agree that Gotti is a good movie. One of my favorites. And Armand Assante plays a very good Gotti and John Forsythe is an excellent Sammy. Anthony Quinn is putstanding as Mr. Neil. Vintage Anthony Quinn.

But as Turnbull has pointed out many times in the past when the Gotti movie comes up in converstaion, there is another movie called Witness To The Mob. It is more about Sammy the Bull than Gotti. Actor Tom Sizemore does a fantastic job playing John Gotti. The movie itself is pretty lame, but Sizemore is worth watching.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.