When I was buying Raging Bull today at Circuit City (I was there to purchase the Sopranos 5th season) I noticed at the counter that it was only $9.99. I knew it wasnt the two disc special edition, but it was the 2005 release in widescreen, so i thought about it and bought it.

When I opened it up at home, I saw that the insert wasnt there, it was just the disc, and that it. I wonder, how can a store (especially a national chain) get away with selling a DVD without all of the material? Im sure that if i paid the original price, the insert would be there.

Obviously, it is legal, since it is being done, but how any why is this happening?

Bart, Is it wrong to steal a loaf of bread to feed your starving family? No. Well suppose you got a large starving family, is it wrong to steal a truckload of bread to feed them? Uh-uh. And what if your family don't like bread, they like cigarettes? I guess thats ok. Now what if instead of giving them away, you sold them at a price that was practically giving them away. Would that be a crime Bart?