Warner Home Video have announced the long awaited Region 1 DVD release of Goodfellas (Two-Disc Special Edition) for 17th August 2004 with a retail price of $26.99. Martin Scorsese's classic gangster epic finally receives the treatment it deserves and to make the day extra special Warner will also release several of Scorsese's earlier titles on single-disc special edition DVD. After Hours, Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore, Mean Streets and Who's Knocking At My Door? will all retail at $19.97 each while a Scorsese Collection gift set features all five Scorsese titles at the bargain price of $59.92.

GoodFellas (Two-Disc Special Edition) - Based on the true-life best seller "Wiseguy" by Nicholas Pileggi Scorsese's movie explores the criminal life like no other and will offer the following features on this two-disc special edition set...

1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
English DD2.0 Stereo and DD5.1 Surround
English, French and Spanish subtitles
Audio commentary by Martin Scorsese and Cast/Crew
Bonus commentary by ex-gangster Henry Hill and ex-FBI Agent Edward McDonald
4 new Cast/Crew documentaries:
Getting Made
The Workaday Gangster
The GoodFellas Legacy
Paper Is Cheaper Than Film
Theatrical Trailer

After Hours - A Manhattan Yuppie's night out becomes a comic nightmare, courtesy of director Martin Scorsese.

English and French Mono
Audio commentary by Martin Scorsese, Griffin Dunne, Producer Amy Robinson, Editor Thelma Schoonmaker and Cinematographer Michael Ballhaus
Deleted Scenes
"Filming for your life" making-of featurette
Theatrical Trailer

Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore - Alice Hyatt (played by Ellen Burstyn, who won an Oscar for her performance) is a widowed mother trying to start a singing career while raising a growing son (Alfred Lutter).

English and French Mono
Audio commentary by Martin Scorsese and cast members
Documentary
Theatrical Trailer

Mean Streets - A hard-hitting classic of streetwise realism: Martin Scorsese's searing study of a young hood and his friends in New York's Little Italy, starring Robert De Niro and Harvey Keitel.

English Mono
Audio commentary by Martin Scorsese
"Back on the Block" featurette
Theatrical Trailer

Who's Knocking At My Door? - Drama involving the troubled relationship between a streetwise tough guy, driven by a strict Catholic upbringing, and the independent young woman he falls in love with.
English Mono
Audio commentary by Martin Scorsese and Mardik Martin
Making of featurette

Link: http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=11393 (Covers)

P.S My disappointment cannot be put in words. The long awaited Goodfellas SE does not have any Deleted Scenes . Everyone is aware of the fact that a longer version exists. I will have to re-consider buying this. Yes the commentaries are tempting, but I won't be surprised to see another edition re-released in near future. Like Gangs of New York.

"I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice" Tony Montana(Al Pacino) from Scarface