GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Liggio), 389 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,442
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,433
Posts1,060,898
Members10,349
Most Online992
Yesterday at 04:40 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Gearys sources? [Re: olivant] #388652
04/25/07 08:05 PM
04/25/07 08:05 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
 Originally Posted By: olivant
there was no way thathe could be sure that he could coerce Geary into accepting his "nothing" offer.

Perhaps (I emphasize "perhaps") he was sure:

Geary was set up in the whorehouse while Michael was visiting Roth and Pentangeli--that is, within days of the "oily hair" meeting. Now, Michael left Tom in charge, and Tom obviously set the brothel murder/blackmail plan in motion. But I doubt Tom would have ordered the murder, and the blackmail of someone as important as Geary, without Michael's prior approval.

I'm guessing that, since Geary was a regular at Fredo's brothel and in that girl's bed ("...we done it be-FOE-wer..."), Fredo must have spotted his distinguished client during earlier visits and let Michael know about it ("Hey, Mikey, guess who's a regular at my joint? Yer pal Senator Geary. Yeah, he's into some real kinky s**t with one o'my girls..."). Michael would have stashed that precious bit of knowledge in his mental vault. So, when Geary muscled him, that calm look and tone ("Oh Senator, you can have my answer now...") came from his mental vault: "I know your weakness and I'm gonna get you." After Geary left, he probably told Tom and Neri, "Tell Fredo to let me know the next time Geary shows up in the brothel. We'll nail his ass to the wall." He may even have reminded Tom about that plan before he left following the shooting.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Gearys sources? [Re: Turnbull] #388702
04/25/07 11:19 PM
04/25/07 11:19 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
True, but I just think he was taking a chance that Geary could be set up. In fact, he could have agreed to Geary's terms at the meeting and still set him up.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Gearys sources? [Re: olivant] #389003
04/26/07 11:52 PM
04/26/07 11:52 PM
ScarFather Offline
Capo
ScarFather  Offline
Capo
 Originally Posted By: olivant
True, but I just think he was taking a chance that Geary could be set up. In fact, he could have agreed to Geary's terms at the meeting and still set him up.

I think that Michael saw Geary as an "easy fix"... Geary acting all high and mighty the way he did... after all... Michael took care of ALL family business while in church. Geary was never a challenge to Michael. He saw him and stupid and vulnerable.

"What I want.... whats most important to me... is that I have a guarantee" - Train approaches.... Bang! Bang! Bang!
Re: Gearys sources? [Re: ScarFather] #474626
02/22/08 01:48 AM
02/22/08 01:48 AM
Brazil
Tony Mosrite Offline
Underboss
Tony Mosrite  Offline
Underboss
Brazil
is always good to remember a great thread like that. I see someone already did it less than an year ago but what the hell....

johnny ola (the BB MEMBER, not the CHARACTER!) already mentioned the scene in GF1 when Sonny screws it up by "letting someone outside the family (Sollozo) know what he's thinking". if Sonny just kept his mouth shut that day... anyway, there is no way that Michael would give Tom a "didn't you do your job?" look in front of Geary. I agree that Michael assumed it was all set up and Geary creating one more problem was a big surprise, that's why he and Tom exchanged looks.

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull