Quote:
Originally posted by Turnbull:
Calling Gravano a hypocrite is just about the biggest understatement of the year. In his book, Gravano denigrates Castellano as a mere "racketeer," while he and Gotti were, by golly, real "gangsters." Then he repeats, verbatim, every word of praise that Castellano ever gave him. He puts Gotti in the same league as himself, a "gangster," then blames Gotti for his having turned rat.
That said, the Kurins/O'Brien book, "Boss of Bosses," paints a pretty dismal picture of Castellano.
You're right, that is an understatement. He's worse than a hypocrite. Whatever that may be!
Gotti never made him turn into a rat, like Gotti said,"rats aren't made, they're born." I read that he said that on AmericanMafia.com. I didn't like that he put all of the complients Castellano ever said about him in the book. Then, he claims that if Castellano would have listened to him, John Gotti, Frank DeCicco, and Frank Locasio, he might still be alive. That's sick!

People can change!
"A f****in jerk like me. Never had nothing in my life. That's not John Gotti. At least I hope that's not me. Maybe I see myself in a light that I'm not in, I don't know."-John Gotti about greed
"We only kill each other."-Benjamin Siegel
"There's no such thing as good money or bad money. There's only money."-Lucky LucianO
R.I.P Mr. Gotti