DeNiro helped Pesci beat Batts because DeNiro saw how Batts disrespected Pesci. Pesci was minding his own business, hanging out with Henry and Jimmy, when Batts started to break his balls, for no apperent reason. Pesci and Batts had some words, and then decided to forget about it and have a drink. Batts then insults Pesci again. DeNiro saw this and knew that he had to help out his friend. Pesci was a psychotic guy throughout most of the movie, but I think he reacted, in the right way to Batts disrespect. The way DeNiro kicks Batts is hilarious, I cry, I laugh so hard, every time I see it.

Tony Montana

First rule of Fight Club, you do not talk about Fight Club. Second rule of Fight Club, you DO NOT talk about Fight Club. Third rule of Fight Club, when someone say "stop" or goes limp, the fight is over. Fourth rule of Fight Club, only two guys to a fight. Fifth rule of Fight Club, one fight at a time. Sixth rule of Fight Club, no shirt, no shoes. Seventh rule of Fight Club, fights go on as long as they have to. Eighth and final rule of Fight Club if this is your first night at Fight Club you have to fight.