Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:

Rocky,

While you are definatley entitled to your opinions and tastes in movies, I must RESPECTFULLY disagree with you rearding the TNT movie Boss of Bosses. It was way off fact and they made Pualie look like an adonis, and his maid out to be a beautiful. If you've followed real life events, you would see that Paulie was not the best looking man in the world, and his maid was outright ugly. If my memory serves me correctly, there are many references in that movie that were not factual. However, I will admit that if it was not for Chazz Palminteri, I would have never made it through the whole movie. He is an outstanding actor, and without him I think that Boss of Bosses is a total bust.
My friend, I mean you no disrespect whatsoever, but I just wanted to voice my opinion on that movie.

Don Cardi

OK, let me clarify a little bit, as it seems my taste in movies has been questioned.

First, I only saw the movie that one time, when it was on TNT the first night. I thought it was pretty good, but in retrospect, maybe it was just Chazz Palminteri that was so good. Overall though, I still think it was a decent movie, I didn't say it was the greatest, I just thought I'd add it to the list.

Second, as I said, I just read the book. Now having seen the movie back in June or whenever it was on, and now reading the book, I'll admit that the movie isn't exactly fresh in my mind, as is the book. As I said, I reccomend the movie, unless you can get the book.

I will agree with you Don Cardi, that Big Paul and Gloria were portrayed differently in the movie then they really were, according to the book at least. As much as I like Chazz Palminteri, maybe he wasn't the best guy for the part. Perhaps Danny Aiello would have been better.

So maybe in writing that as a reccomendation, I spoke too fast, for maybe I was mostly remembering the book. But for a TV movie of the week on TNT, you have to admit that it was decent. Especially if you don't know the whole story of Big Paul.

But you too, paisan, are entitled to your opinion.

As for Liz, I read in another post from you on a different thread that you recently read Boss of Bosses...if that is the case, don't watch the movie. It is one of those cases where the book is tons better.

— Rocky