In Fools Die, Alfred Gronevelt's right hand man is a guy named Cully Cross.

Does the novel go in to this characters background? If it doesn't then its safe to assume he is indeed really Pippi De Lena. I not certain when Pippi De Lena became Gronevelt's right hand man, so maybe this is a different time period all together. But I think The Last Don stated that De Lena was there with him as he rose to power.

The Santadio control 49% of the Xanadu, I
believe

I suppose its safe to assume they were take care off. Or does The Last Don abandon this storyline? Simply ignores this little bit?

If you haven't read Fools Die yet, I suggest you do.

I am going to go to the bookstore tomorrow I didn't see it there the last time, but I strictly went in to find Omerta. Which I did

It's my second favorite Puzo book, next to The Fortunate Pilgrim

You have good taste. It is Mario Puzo's favorite book as well. I believe he spent 11 years writing it. But here in Canada this book is not just rare, it impossible to find.

P.S Any chance you have read Inside Las Vegas? I only found one review, that didn't really shed any light on the novel.

And thank you for your reply

"I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice" Tony Montana(Al Pacino) from Scarface