Flaws/Suggestions For Improvement

-Nicole is actually an interesting character, and also devious “A truly Mafioso girl”. But her views about “The Death Penalty” were truly boring. And her speech, which went on for 10 pages, really took something away from the novel.

-The Mafia Confrontation is beyond disappointing. Upon reading this part I felt like I was watching True Romance. Was Mario Puzo influenced by Quentin Tarantino/Roger Avery? I would have rather preferred a simple yet cunning ending, like the one in The Last Don. But the use of the stiletto and revealing the wound were scenes that truly had the master's touch.

-Aspinella Washington not dying is just preposterous. She is a much-hated character, and it was unsatisfying to see her side with Nicole at the end. Justice wasn't served as far as I am concerned. On the side note here. Marriano Rubio's future which ventured him in to bankruptcy is a really satisfying conclusion. It basically says that one who deserves to be punished can indeed be, but not always by death.

-Astorre Viola's marriage to Rosie is out of the context sort of speak. It's hardly believable, and while Nicole would have made a better wife we also know that's a fantasy.

-Finally the ending passage would have fitted The Last Don better “The great Dons have accomplished their goals and blended gracefully into society, as best criminals always do”.

P.S Thanks a lot for the info. I have forgotten about the fictional aspect.

"I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice" Tony Montana(Al Pacino) from Scarface