I didn't have any problems logging in, so that's a relief.

I think part of my initial hesitancy has to do with my only being familiar with these boards in the version they are now. Many others have been here far longer than I have, and have mentioned having to adjust when the boards were updated to their current version. I guess that just when I've figured out a lot of the current board functions, everything (or nearly everything) changes!

From the way you outlined the pros and cons of the new board, it would appear that to a web designer/webmaster, there are many features that make it much better than the old system. Being an incredibly low-tech kinda guy, though, reading through some of this made me feel like I was reading Klingon. The terminology is way over my head. Don't understand hardly any of it.

Does being able to upload your own avatars and attach files in your posts mean that you've eliminated the need for photo hosting services? Or, am I reading this wrong? I'm quite curious about this part.

When I was able to fiddle around with preferences (My Stuff), I was able to make things a little simpler, visually. The preview functions, though, are aggravating. Each window now seems to be in a different physical position on my screen. Don't know if this is only me, or...

I guess I'll get used to it. :rolleyes:

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."