The first plane hit the tower, nothing was on television, and I drove to work. When I got there something told me to go home and turn on the television. I did, and I watched as the second plane hit, and instantly I knew we were under attack. My mother and sister were in Manhattan and I spent much of the day trying to get through on the telephone lines. Like all Americans I sat numb for nearly a week after it happened.

The first week in October I was in NY on business, and after checking into the Hotel I immediately took a camera and went to ground zero. Coming out of the subway near City Hall, I was immediately hit by an acrid, pungent smell. It was more than the smell of a smolering fire, it was the smell of death.

As I approached the fallen towers and saw the thousands of sheets of paper with the names of the missing...the exhausted firemen and police around the area, and an air of reverence, mourning, and dignity all around the site.

It seems like decades ago, yet it seems like yesterday.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."