Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
... while I think the Marx Bros. are funny, I've fallen asleep during two of their movies the last time I've sat down to watch them...
Double-J ... if you fell asleep during a Marx Bros. film, it had to have happened during one of Harpo's musical solos. Lovely as they are, and brilliant a player as he was, I always felt those harp solos slowed down the films enormously. Even Chico's piano numbers had a bit of liveliness and he usually involved other characters in them.

I heard somewhere that Groucho always hated these musical interludes from his brothers and in one film (Horse Feathers, I think) finally did a parody of them on guitar in a rowboat to emphasize how ridiculous he felt they were. I love when he speaks directly to the audience during a Chico number to say he's stuck there but they can go out & buy a snack or something.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON