Marx Brothers, no contest.

I always thought it interesting that men in general found the Three Stooges so hilarious. Not just funny, but HILARIOUS. Their earlier work may have been better but as SC says...the later stuff was just plain silly. One of the things that may have hurt them was that they continued to trudge with the act despite aweful setbacks like Shemp's death and Curly's stroke. They just kept replacing people, with Moe & Larry the only steadfasts. By the late '50s/early '60s, they had a fellow named (I think) 'Little Joe'...I remember him from the Officer Joe Bolton shows I used to watch after school.

The Marx Brothers were THE Marx Brothers, no single one of them could possibly be replaced and that was that!

The Stooges were fun to watch when I was a kid...but now it's Marx Bros. hands down.

Apple

ps - while I adore Harpo & Chico and love their bits together...Groucho was clearly the star, the anchor of that team and the others would have gotten nowhere without him.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON