GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 233 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,947
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,649
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,541
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,485
Posts1,061,694
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Mel Gibson -- Media Food #162859
08/13/06 04:05 PM
08/13/06 04:05 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
You know, I would have been glad too saladbar...if he had gone into rehab BEFORE he was busted by the cops.

Look at Robin Williams, life-time narcotics addict or user in differing forms(including being a notorius cocaine user, a habit he apparently only broke when his pal and co-coke snorter John Belushi overdosed) who the rags claim has gone into rehab for booze. Did it take a DUI arrest to compel him?

Re: Mel Gibson -- Media Food #162860
08/13/06 09:19 PM
08/13/06 09:19 PM
B
Brwne Byte Offline
Capo
Brwne Byte  Offline
B
Capo
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Love:
By the time I finished watching Passion I was ready to kill a Jew or two, then I realized that Jews were cool, so I watched Schindler's List and was ready to kill a Nazi. Nazi's aren't cool!
That is what a certin film is desined to do. Make you feel emotion,good or bad. Particularly if the film is a product of the director's own opinions and beliefs. But I say this:
Ignorance and stupidity(and evil) come in all forms. Whether that person is Jew or Nazi,black or white,red or green. It makes no difference. We are,first and formost just people. Nothing more. Everything else is only a name or lable we use to identify ourselves. And I do belive that God gave us free will to make our own decisions, as people and does not intend to control us all like robots. So,so what if Mel dislikes jews? I like him anyway. Because it is not my place to judge anyone, nor is it my place to judge a celebrity for making a mistake, and feel all angerd because I was a fan, like he owes me something. Mel Gibson owes nothing to no one, except his family, and those closest to him. I hope he gets the help he needs, and gets back on his feet,and I support him.

Re: Mel Gibson -- Media Food #162861
08/13/06 09:40 PM
08/13/06 09:40 PM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou
Quote:
Originally posted by ronnierocketAGO:
You know, I would have been glad too saladbar...if he had gone into rehab BEFORE he was busted by the cops.

Look at Robin Williams, life-time narcotics addict or user in differing forms(including being a notorius cocaine user, a habit he apparently only broke when his pal and co-coke snorter John Belushi overdosed) who the rags claim has gone into rehab for booze. Did it take a DUI arrest to compel him?
True. Unfortunately it takes a big humiliation for SOME people to see the light. I hope Mel Gibson is sincere in his efforts and apologies.

Would he be seeking help if he wasn't embarrassed by the media? If this wasn't hurting his future films?

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"
Re: Mel Gibson -- Media Food #162862
08/14/06 08:51 PM
08/14/06 08:51 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline OP
MaryCas  Offline OP

South of the Pinelands
Quote:
Originally posted by Saladbar:
He is a huge public figure that got caught. Look at the sales of rags, of course the media loved it.

Drunk driving still kills a huge number of people. I'm glad he might do something about it before he killed someone.
Yes, my California/Louisiana friend. A clear mind speaks. This is the real issue. A drunk driver who can potentially kill someone. Celebrity aside, DUI is the issue, not all the movie stuff. Humans are complicated beings; we're not so easily stuffed into categories. That's convenient. Love the sinner, hate the sin. Mel is a talented man. You may not side with his beliefs, or Spielberg's, but admire their talents and deal with Mel's problem.....a media sharkfest is not necessary.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Mel Gibson -- Media Food #162863
08/15/06 02:51 AM
08/15/06 02:51 AM
Little Chicago
Tony Love Offline
Underboss
Tony Love  Offline
Underboss
Little Chicago
Quote:
Originally posted by Brwne Byte:
That is what a certin film is desined to do. Make you feel emotion,good or bad. Particularly if the film is a product of the director's own opinions and beliefs.
Thanks for the elaboration but that was the point of my original post.

Any doubt whether or not to as if your quote is true, watch a Michael Moore "film".

"Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so"-Gore Vidal
"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and enemy of growth"-John Fitzgerald Kennedy
"The reason the mainstream is thought of as a stream is because of its shallowness"-George Carlin
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull