Quote:
Originally posted by Henry Hill:
The British government are showing great weakness in encouraging state-funded Muslim schools -- some of these devote half their days to reciting the Koran, learning it by rote.

The rise of Islam in Europe has major implications for, among other things, the equality and liberty of women. The suffragates and generation upon generation of women must not have fought battle upon battle for equal treatment with men only to lose now!

-- that is to say Muslim men who have multiple wives. Not I should stress the other way around!! The Islamic way of life is not compatible with that of a free, western, secular society where men and women are of equal status and must show each other equal respect.

Government financed state schooling and allowing one to wear a relgious symbol on one's body are two totally different things. If the government is funding Muslim Schools, then by all means it either must fund other religious schools or cease funding ANY religious schools. I don't disagree with you there. However no government should ever be allowed to tell a person that they cannot wear a religious type symbol on thier own self. France's stopping the Muslim people from wearing their head coverings or their religious symbols is the same as telling a Jewish person that they cannot wear their Yalmukah on thier head or their star of David on their neck. It would be like banning a Christian from wearing a gold cross around their neck. I don't agree that a government has the right to stop a person from wearing their religious symbol on one's own self.

Now as for equality between Muslim men and woman, are you saying that the Muslims are not fair to their woman? That the woman are looked upon as not being equal to men?

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.