Quote:
Originally posted by Don Smitty:
If ur family was being threatened with violence by someone and u went to the police again and again and they refused to help u and that someone kept threatining ur family and do things to try and scare them wouldnt u do what u had to do to make sure that no harm came to them no matter what?
Yes, DS, I would do whatever I thought I had to do.

I'm not sure, though, what exactly that would involve.

It would depend on how seriously I perceived the threat to be, I guess.

But you still haven't told me what you would do in this case.

I guess I'm waiting for you to tell me that you'd invade North Korea, or use some type of pre-emptive nuclear strije against them.

Here's another question I have:

Why does everyone assume that North Korea is stockpiling missles in order to have an offensive capability against us?

The way I see it, they'd be nuts - not to say that they aren't nuts - to attack us first.

Sure, they might inflict some serious damage, but I think that in retaliation we'd pretty much wipe thm off the face of the earth, wouldn't we?

Isn't it possible, if not likely, that North Korea considers us to be a threat to them, and they're increasing their nuclear capabilities as a deterrent against a United States attack (they've seen us attack other countries - Afghanistan and Iraq; - no matter from their POV if we had good reason to or not) and as a purely defensive move?

"Difficult....not impossible"