Quote:
Originally posted by dontomasso:
If China does not, why cant we send in a crack team of seals and taken him out? I dont believe he is especially beloved by all those people he has starved half to death.
Why?

Though we may have some idea, no one (maybe the CIA has, but I doubt it with all of the human intelligence cuts) has the exact blueprints or specifications for Kim Jung Il's fortress. So you'd be sending in a SEAL team without any sort of map or idea where he is.

Can you say international hostage situation? Seriously. Storming the gates, at least at this point, is not an option.

Now, infiltrating his guards and having him whacked...ah, the good old days of the CIA. It brings me back.

Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Smitty:
[b] How do u know that they dont have the range to reach the US? And if they dont then what should we do sit around doing nothing until they do? The UN needs to act now. If the UN doesnt do something then Bush should do whatever needs to be done to make sure that no attack from North Korea ever comes to our country.
I don't know, of course, but I've never heard the slightest suggestion or hint that they do.[/b][/quote]

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Love:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Smitty:
[b] The President should do whatever he and congress feel is needed to protect our country and it's people.
Does that include blatant disregard for the U.S. constitution and Bill of Rights? Those same rights our ancestors ended their lives to preserve, so we could enjoy, and experience them today. [/b][/quote]Ugh.

When we're all dead, or nuclear zombies (ala Omega Man), is it going to even matter?

Quote:
Originally posted by dontomasso:
[quote]Originally posted by Tony Love:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Don Smitty:
[b] The President should do whatever he and congress feel is needed to protect our country and it's people.
Does that include blatant disregard for the U.S. constitution and Bill of Rights? Those same rights our ancestors ended their lives to preserve, so we could enjoy, and experience them today. [/b][/quote]Actuallly I am surprised that DS includes the Congress in presidential decision making since the creep in the White House doesnt seem to pay attention to Congress or the Courts.

But, yes, the wingholes would all abolish the Constitution in a heartbeat. They hate democracy and they want a permnant dictatorship in this phony "War on Terror" [/b][/quote]

The spin is in.

"Love it or leave it,"
Double-J