Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Alessandrio:
[b] One thing I do find extremely ass backwards is how the Rebulicans want a less involved Central Government, yet they want to tell us who we can marry, who we can have sex with, what we can do to our own bodies, who is allowed to become an American, and what we can say, listen too, and read.
Actually, feel free to go fuck your male buddy in the bum. We don't care. At least have the common courtesy to wear protection. We just don't think you should be legally recognized in the sacred institution of marriage, that's all.

Second of all, I'm not really understanding your point regarding "who is allowed to become an American." I think you're implying the recent controversy with illegal immigrants. Boohoo. Come into the country legally, get a visa, apply for citizenship.

Finally, as far as what you can say, listen to, or read, try China. The U.S. still allows more personal liberties with regards to free speech - you can criticize the President, you can protest against the war, you can read anti-American books. Try that in Shui-Ban's country. See what you get.

Cheers,
Double-J [/b][/quote]As far as illigeal immigrants i do feel they should they should get a visa and come over legally. the problem is that the system is so screwed up. I have a friend who is from India. He came to America for schooling and has a Ph D in engineering and a law degree. He has been here for 8 years and is still not a citizen. He is still on a work visa. that is messed up.

As for having more freedom than people in China, yes we do and I want to keep it that way. I don't want more just preserve what we have.

As for gay marriage, I just think it is not the governments job to govern over the sanctity of marriage. I also don't think it should be an issue for debate when there are many, many other more important things going on. What is the problem? If it is the tax breaks and insurance then it is a business decision not preservation of marriage.

Business bad? Fuck you, pay me. Oh, you had a fire? Fuck you, pay me. Place got hit by lightning huh? Fuck you, pay me.