Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
I'm certainly no Bush-lover, but comparing him to Hitler is ridiculous.

I believe that for the most part his heart is in the right place.

I just don't think that he's all that intelligent, and that he's been misled by many of his advisors, he has a kind of mis-guided view of what the role of the U.S. should be vis a vis the rest of the world, he's way too self-righteous, and he's a bit too dependent upon his religion for guidance than I care to see.

But to say he's anything at all like Adolf Hitler....he has a long way to go before that would be a fair comparison.
The Hitler comparison made by that member is just too outrageous to even answer as far as I am concerned.

I have to agree with you on some of your points though, and the ones that I don't agree with you on probably come down to the different way that you and I perceive him.

I agree that some of his advisors leave a lot to be desired. And while a a part of me admires him for his willingness to speak out about God and his deep beliefs in him, there is also a part of me that feels that on certain occassion he brings his beliefs in God into the mix when there really is no need to.

There is no question, at least in my mind, that his heart is in the right place.

Now where I disagree with you comes down to the way that you perceive him versus the way that I do.

While there is absolutely no question that his speaking abilities, when addressing the public or the press can really use some sprucing up, I also see that on some occassions he really speaks from his heart and not his script.

I think that many times people such as yourself and the press mistake his confidence for self-righteousness or cockiness. I sincerely believe that he is a very confident person who really believes that his ideas and his plans are someday going to make the world a better place for all. I truely think that President George W. Bush is a compassionate man who sincerely wants to see the people of the middle east, and the world for that matter, live in a democracy. I feel that deep down he really believes that America, with him leading it, can eventually make this happen.

I don't think that he is a stupid man at all and I see him as a confident man, (yes with very weak public speaking skills) who had the vision and the foresight to see where this world was headed based on how the middle east was shaping up with people like Saddam in power, and the rise of Al Qaeda, The Taliban and terrorist organizations like that.

His vision to democratize the central part of the middle eastern world, was one that I believe truely came from his heart and soul.

His compassion was evident in the days and months after 9/11. One would have had to been blind not to see the hurt and the pain that he felt for this country and it's people in his first State Of The Union Address immedeatly after 9/11. It showed in his eyes.

And I also felt that when he made his state of the Union Address announcing that we were going to start a bombing campaign in Iraq because Saddam refuse to meet the deadline for getting out, he labored about making such a decision and it took it's toll on him. He looked very hurt and distraught when he made the announcment that we had to go inot Iraq, his eyes showing the pain of having to finally come to that decision to 'give the order' to attack.

The eyes Chico, they NEVER lie!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.