GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (joepuzzles234, MrNiceGuy), 693 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,962
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,669
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,544
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,490
Posts1,061,840
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
WMD's #160639
06/22/06 10:29 AM
06/22/06 10:29 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline OP
AppleOnYa  Offline OP

New Jersey

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: WMD's #160640
06/22/06 10:56 AM
06/22/06 10:56 AM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
What was the official reason for starting this Iraq war again?

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: WMD's #160641
06/22/06 10:57 AM
06/22/06 10:57 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline OP
AppleOnYa  Offline OP

New Jersey
Actually there were quite a number of reasons if you look at the Resolution.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: WMD's #160642
06/22/06 11:06 AM
06/22/06 11:06 AM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
I care little for politics, or political affiliations, or corporate policy regarding politics, but why does it specify that the claim comes from two "Republican lawmakers"?

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: WMD's #160643
06/22/06 11:19 AM
06/22/06 11:19 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline OP
AppleOnYa  Offline OP

New Jersey
Actually Capo, your question is a very good one since, if one were to open the link to the declassified section of the report, it shows that this info was distributed to quite a few Democrat lawmakers, including Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, John Murtha, and John D. Rockefeller.

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: WMD's #160644
06/22/06 11:23 AM
06/22/06 11:23 AM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
What would that imply?

As I said, I don't follow politics.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: WMD's #160645
06/22/06 11:30 AM
06/22/06 11:30 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

THIS IS WHY FAUX NEWS IS NOT TO BE BELIEVED.

The so called WMD's that were found were not the WMD's we said they had. What actuallly happened was that Rick Santorum, the winghole Senator from Pennsylvania, who is running anywhere between 9 and thirteen points behind his demmocratic opponent made this outrageous and false claim on the Senate floor yesterday in an effort to save his floundering candidacy. Within minutes of his claim THE PENTAGON DENIED that WMD's were found.

Of course FAUX NEWS never lets facts get in the way of the truth, because as we all know thair coverage is "fairly unbalanced."

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: WMD's #160646
06/22/06 11:42 AM
06/22/06 11:42 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline OP
AppleOnYa  Offline OP

New Jersey
Have to admit I do find it disturbing that this story is apparently nowhere to be found except on the Fox News website.

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: WMD's #160647
06/22/06 11:44 AM
06/22/06 11:44 AM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
Have to admit I do find it disturbing that this story is apparently nowhere to be found except on the Fox News website.

Apple
Santorum was on Imus this morning and he was not pleased that the pentagon did not back up his "story."

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: WMD's #160648
06/22/06 11:46 AM
06/22/06 11:46 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
BEsides, if this WAS true, you know the government would make everyone know of it in some press conference.

But the fact they haven't means they either haven't found any, or they DID, and simply choose to cover it up. What is the more credible answer?

Re: WMD's #160649
06/22/06 12:00 PM
06/22/06 12:00 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by dontomasso:
THIS IS WHY FAUX NEWS IS NOT TO BE BELIEVED.
Of course FAUX NEWS never lets facts get in the way of the truth, because as we all know thair coverage is "fairly unbalanced."
Because, after all, if you don't bother to read the article, you might not realize that they mentioned the fact that its two Republican lawmakers saying this.

But hey...after all...

"GORE WINS!" - CNN

:p

Re: WMD's #160650
06/22/06 12:33 PM
06/22/06 12:33 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline OP
AppleOnYa  Offline OP

New Jersey
So dontomasso I am curious about something.

Do you feel that the entire premise of WMD's is untrue, that NONE were ever found and NONE were ever there?

Or are you trying to convey that Rick Santorum decided to stick his neck out (as several other Republicans seem unwilling to do) by giving out FALSE information that he must surely know would be uncovered as false, thereby eventually disgracing and embarrasing himself...in order to bolster his numbers?

Or BOTH?

Just curious.

Apple

ps - keep in mind that I'm fully aware of conversing with someone who feels we went to Iraq for 'no good reason', that our troops are murdering babies in their cribs, etc.
So the response (if any) is expected to be pure entertainment if nothing else.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: WMD's #160651
06/22/06 12:39 PM
06/22/06 12:39 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
It's about time they planted some weapons over there. We were starting to look badddddddddddddd for a minute there :p

Re: WMD's #160652
06/22/06 01:20 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

What Santorum said they found was some old containers of sarin gas...or what might have been sarin gas. The Pentagon said these were NOT the WMD's they were talking about when they invaded Iraq, and the country should not be confused by what Santorum was talkikng about.

BTW Apple, always pleased to be of amusement.

Re: WMD's #160653
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
But hey...after all...

"GORE WINS!" - CNN

:p
He did. The election was stolen.

Re: WMD's #160654
06/22/06 01:24 PM
06/22/06 01:24 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline OP
AppleOnYa  Offline OP

New Jersey
Well, you're half right.

Gore tried to steal the 2000 election, by ordering all those Florida recounts. Unfortunately he overextended his reach, proving every time that Bush won the State and therefore the election.

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: WMD's #160655
06/22/06 02:14 PM
06/22/06 02:14 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Last night I was coaching my daughter's softball game and a gentleman who is on the board of directors there, who also happens to work in a division of terrorist task force intelligence, mentioned something to me about the finding of WMD's in Iraq.

However I have not seen any stories about this in today's newspapers or on any of the major local television news stations.

And at this point, we are already in there, regardless of the reason that we originally went in there, so to me it is now a moot point.

Instead of focusing on 'what we were told was there' or 'what capabilities' Saddam and co. had, or which democrats supported these claims and which republicans supported these claims and how many dems voted to go into Iraq vs. how many republicans voted to go in, it's time to really focus our energies on helping the Iraqi's get a sound and solid military in place, destroy these terrorists, and get the coalition forces home with the least amount of casualties.

The energy of our leadrship, left, right or indifferent is and has been focused too much on who said what, who voted for what, and why we went in there.

Our leaders need to get off their fat asses and self serving forums and really concentrate on working together for the sake of our troops and the Iraqi people.

Again, if WMD's were found or not, it doesn't matter at this point in the game. WMD's or not, the troops are still there everyday risking there lives.

Let's spend our energies on winning this thing and getting the hell out of there.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: WMD's #160656
06/22/06 02:22 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline OP
AppleOnYa  Offline OP

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
... it's time to really focus our energies on helping the Iraqi's get a sound and solid military in place...
Which is exactly what the Bush White House had been doing.

Which is one of the reasons it too has laid low on what Sen. Santorum made public yesterday.

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: WMD's #160657
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Quote:
Last night I was coaching my daughter's softball game and a gentleman who is on the board of directors there, who also happens to work in a division of terrorist task force intelligence, mentioned something to me about the finding of WMD's in Iraq.

However I have not seen any stories about this in today's newspapers or on any of the major local television news stations.

And at this point, we are already in there, regardless of the reason that we originally went in there, so to me it is now a moot point.

Instead of focusing on 'what we were told was there' or 'what capabilities' Saddam and co. had, or which democrats supported these claims and which republicans supported these claims and how many dems voted to go into Iraq vs. how many republicans voted to go in, it's time to really focus our energies on helping the Iraqi's get a sound and solid military in place, destroy these terrorists, and get the coalition forces home with the least amount of casualties.

The energy of our leadrship, left, right or indifferent is and has been focused too much on who said what, who voted for what, and why we went in there.

Our leaders need to get off their fat asses and self serving forums and really concentrate on working together for the sake of our troops and the Iraqi people.

Again, if WMD's were found or not, it doesn't matter at this point in the game. WMD's or not, the troops are still there everyday risking there lives.

Let's spend our energies on winning this thing and getting the hell out of there.

Don Cardi

Re: WMD's #160658
06/22/06 02:24 PM
06/22/06 02:24 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Quote:

Don Cardi
What do you know...DC and I agree on something. Everyone in both parties needs to stop all the grandstanding and political bullshit. There are g group of senators and house members from both parties who have never seen a television camera they didnt want to get in front of so they can run their mouths about "cut and run" or "lie and die" or whatever their speechwriters and pollsters have told them to say.

We will have plenty of time to debate the wisdom of going in there, and frankly at this point it does no one on "my side" of the issue to say "told ya so" nor does it do anyone on the other side to continue to impugn the patriotism of opponents to the war. We are there, we are stuck and if we exit the wrong way there could be real trouble. We need bi-partisan statesmanship that puts the country ahead of the political parties and the mid term elections. I would start by asking that Joe Biden and Bill Frist be gagged and not allowed on television until this is over.

Re: WMD's #160659
06/22/06 02:27 PM
06/22/06 02:27 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline OP
AppleOnYa  Offline OP

New Jersey
Quote:
[QUOTE]... I would start by asking that Joe Biden and Bill Frist be gagged and not allowed on television until this is over.
NO NO NO!!!

Let them speak all they want...along with Howard Dean, we NEED them out there to represent the Democratic Party!!

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: WMD's #160660
06/22/06 02:32 PM
06/22/06 02:32 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
I would start by asking that Joe Biden and Bill Frist be gagged and not allowed on television until this is over.
Absolutely. But you need to add some others to the list. Don't forget the besides Biden and Frist, we also need to stuff a rag in the mouths of Kennedy, Pelosi, Chaney, Billary and a whole lot of others!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: WMD's #160661
06/22/06 02:34 PM
06/22/06 02:34 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
I agree that we're in deep and can't walk out tomorrow, but we can't just forget that we entered this thing under false pretenses. This administration has lost credibility over this mess, and I don't believe the American people can trust Bush if he were to lead us into another conflict.
(Fool me once...)
As for Santorum, he's as good as finished as his own campaign has him 17 points behind Casey. He's going to get his tail whipped, and it's largely due the fact that we were led to war under egregious misrepresentations.

Re: WMD's #160662
06/22/06 02:48 PM
06/22/06 02:48 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by klydon1:
we can't just forget that we entered this thing under false pretenses. This administration has lost credibility over this mess, and I don't believe the American people can trust Bush if he were to lead us into another conflict.
Ok, that may be true, may be debatable, or may be false. But at this point does it really matter right now? What good will it do to continue to point fingers and make accusations back and forth? How is that going to help us finish what we started, regardless of how or why it was started, win this thing and get our kids back home?

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: WMD's #160663
06/22/06 03:12 PM
06/22/06 03:12 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline OP
AppleOnYa  Offline OP

New Jersey
The fingerpointing and accusations will go on at least until the November mid-term elections.

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: WMD's #160664
06/22/06 03:15 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
The fingerpointing and accusations will go on at least until the November mid-term elections.

Apple
You're probably right Apple. As a matter of fact I don't think that they'll ever stop as long as George W. Bush is President.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: WMD's #160665
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by dontomasso:
[b] I would start by asking that Joe Biden and Bill Frist be gagged and not allowed on television until this is over.
Absolutely. But you need to add some others to the list. Don't forget the besides Biden and Frist, we also need to stuff a rag in the mouths of Kennedy, Pelosi, Chaney, Billary and a whole lot of others!

Don Cardi [/b][/quote]LOL OK lets list them

Dems

Biden
Hillary
Pelosi
Sharpton

REPS

Cheney
Rummy
Frist
Haywood

Media People

Bill O Rielly
Chris Matthews
Tucker Carlson
Ron Reagan Jr
Thomas Friedman
Ann Coulter

Re: WMD's #160666
06/22/06 03:28 PM
06/22/06 03:28 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Fair enough DonT.

However I didn't notice anyone from CNN on that list!

Maybe it's because CNN does not have one reporter who has the ability to voice their OWN opinions about these matters! Seems to me that those at CNN practice and read from a pre-written script!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: WMD's #160667
06/22/06 03:38 PM
06/22/06 03:38 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline OP
AppleOnYa  Offline OP

New Jersey
Quote:
[QUOTE]... I don't think that they'll ever stop as long as George W. Bush is President...
True, but by the time that happens they'll be dealing with President Newt Gingrich...and then they'll really, REALLY be complaining!!!

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: WMD's #160668
06/22/06 05:56 PM
06/22/06 05:56 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
Actually there were quite a number of reasons if you look at the Resolution.
Which were? Were can I find that resolution?

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull