I have been off the boards for several weeks due to the passing of my beloved wife. Slowly, I have been trying to get back into the land of the living, but this has been the most difficult time of my life.

A few folks on the BB met her when we attended the dinner in Staten Island on February 22. We did not get out very often - she had been battling inoperable lung cancer for over a year - but we had a great time and she truly enjoyed meeting those in attendance,

Here is the link to that thread, with the photo. We were, indeed, a motley crew that night.

Ironically, it was not the cancer that claimed her; she had a stroke at home on Mother's Day. She never regained consciousness, and died on May 26. Her mother and I were with her.

I have retired my original signature ("For me, there's only my wife..."). Those people who knew us personally know how true this was. I hope to, at some point, post a little more on the Boards. For the last few weeks, however, dealing with personal matters had made this impossible.

We were together for 18 years, and had celebrated our 16th anniversary in April.

She was truly an incredible woman.

Best to all,

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."