Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Mosrite:
[quote]Originally posted by ronnierocketAGO:
[b] "Favorite" and "Best" are two different things.

Kubrick's best movie was 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY, but my personal favorite of his was FULL METAL JACKET.
what if I say Kubrick's best movie was Clockwork Orange??? who decides which is the best? no offense, I don't know how to separate them. my favorites are the best to me. [/b][/quote]Well, I think that best is still subjectable to an extent, just not as subjectable than your personal favorite. Also, just because you don't like something, doesn't mean it isn't good. I'll use an example that came up earlier today, outside of these forums. I personally do not care for any metal music, but that does not mean it is not good. I find several metal bands to be talented, they just don't do anything personal for me. In a case like Kubrick, it's more so, which holds more value as an art, and which do I pull most enjoyment from?

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."